CBS and 60 Minutes recently reported some surprising factoids on ways we can. Live longer after investigating groups of people aged 90+! I’d like to share these nuggets with you and see if you are as surprised as I was when hearing about it. The people who are currently healthy post 90 years of age have the following in common:
1. They don’t worry or obsess about their health
2. They eat dessert!
3. Vitamins seem to make little or no difference in their health
4. Moderate drinking is correlated with a longer life. 10-15% have a reduced risk of death compared to non drinkers.
5. It’s not good to be skinny when you are old. People who gain some weight each decade live longer. Gaining 5 pounds from age 60 on seems to guarantee longevity!
6. Exercise is very important. These people are moving around 45 minutes a day.
7. Connecting to people consistently also helps people live longer.
8. 40% of people diagnosed with dementia don’t have Alzheimer’s .